Saturday, January 28, 2012

Growing in the Garden Now

Obviously in January, there isn't much that will grow. This winter has been very mild thus far, but very wet. I'm still harvesting plenty of collard greens, kale, and rosemary. The daffodils have started to come up, and the hyacinths started coming up and blooming in early December. My hyacinths are in a pot, so I brought them inside to save them from the coming cold.

Next month, I will start some pepper seeds inside, and possibly some tomatoes as well. I may end up buying transplants in the spring though, if things go how they did last year when nearly all my seedlings died shortly before or after transplanting them. Depending on how to weather is looking, I may also plant some stuff outside late next month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment